Are you an experienced Transport Planner Looking for a new and exciting opportunity to join a successful manufacturing business in its dediacted Transport Operations team ?
The position will be working as an integral member of the Planning team and be accountable for the daily execution of the route planning of over 4000 UK customers. Ensuring the customer receives first class service in the most efficient and cost-effective manner for the company. Ensure fleet resource is used to full capability whilst dealing with daily delivery fluctuations.
- Ensure daily route planning is in accordance with fleet and driver availability to complete an efficient delivery plan.
- Upkeep and update of all systems (Paragon, Telematics system etc) to be in a ‘Live’ state.
- Adhere to customer requests through allocation, Special Bookings and timed delivery requests
- Booking outbound deliveries for over 4000 UK customers
- Follow the planned maintenance schedule to ensure company’s fleet remains fully compliant whilst delivering operational efficiency, enabling all equipment to be maintained in the most cost-effective way and in line with the business ‘O’ licence under takings.
- Ensure effective communication of any issues (driver misconduct, late deliveries, delays, incidents, accidents) to Internal & External Parties
- Control, compilation and distribution of Handover amongst peers.
- Consistently strive to improve performance and suggest ways to do this with minimum impact to costs and the operation.
- Highlight issues to line management in good time, suggest solutions to issues/problems.
Required Skills and Experience
- Works logically and systematically to solve problems, make decisions and think laterally and flexibly with the ability to manage sustainable change.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to communicate to all levels.
- The ability to take ownership of issues & work.
- Able to work under own initiative, as well as part of a team
- Previous route planning knowledge
- Paragon Planning Software experience desirable
- Previous working experience within a Transport Environment.
- A good understanding of EU Driver's hour's and working time directive rules
- Basic transport compliance knowledge
- Sound geographical knowledge.
- History of maintaining customer relations
- Good IT literacy
Hours of Work
Monday to Friday 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. with the need to be flexible.
Company Pension, 25 days floating holiday plus Stats, with 1 day extra after 4 years, 2 days after 8 years and 3 days after 12 years of service.
Closing date for this position 9th October 2021
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.