gap Professional are working with a well-established business in search of a Transport Planner to work on a permanent basis at their site based in Wrexham. As the Transport Planner you will ensure the client maintains a high-level service to their main contract while utilising as many of the empty legs to maximise the fiscal value to the runs and to ensure 3rd party business grows at it fastest pace but profitably.
Pay & Hours of Work
- Monday - Friday / Office Hours
- £20k - £30k per annum dependant on experience
- Plan 3rd party deliveries and collections.
- Plan 3rd party loads to combine with 3rd party work.
- 3rd party vehicles may also have to support contracts especially at month end.
- Plan trailer swaps. (Recycling change overs and Maintenance requirements).
- Plan deliveries/collections and produce delivery schedules.
- Update the 3rd party board daily with a view to have a plan 72-hours in advance.
- Plan trailer tipping requirements and inform customers.
- Produce driver sheets for starter times and delivery areas.
- Create weekly data sheets and Excel spreadsheets for 3rd party.
- Create shifts paperwork for wages to be paid weekly.
- Create basic operation report monthly for the Director.
- Record double decker utilisation weekly.
- Route multidrop runs prior to the warehouse picking.
- Print off delivery notes.
- Monitor drivers and adjust planned work accordingly.
- Answer all driver queries.
- Find 3rd party work using network, e-mail circulars and websites.
- Code call 3rd party hauliers who are known to work in specific areas.
- Email regular customers for work daily/weekly depending on vehicle capacities.
- Receive all paperwork relevant to third party work, marry up and scan to files.
- Give quotes upon request ensuring Transport Manager or Director agree and have been kept informed.
- Negotiate rates prior to accepting work ensuring Transport Manager or Director agree and have been kept informed.
- Negotiate additional charges for re-routing, demurrage, or cancellations ensuring Transport Manager or Director agree and have been kept informed.
- Get new customer account forms completed, so that the Director can complete a credit check.
- Monitor traffic on UK roads to help vehicles already on route.
- Contact customers when loads are completed and close them off.
- Send POD's to customers upon request.
- Ability to build good relationships.
- Knowledge of WTD and driver breaks.
- Good geographical knowledge of the UK.
- Knowledge and experience of using Quartix.
- Excellent administration and IT skills with the ability to use Microsoft packages confidently.
- Ability to prioritise and structure work.
- Ability to plan and route in the most economical way.
- Ability to form good working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Work practically and methodically.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Good telephone manner.
- CPC beneficial but not essential.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.