Are you a fantastic communicator on the lookout for a new challenge?
Within a company that have a 'people-first' culture and are passionate about your development?
With the flexibility to work from home?
The Fulfilment team at Calor Gas are looking to recruit several engaging and proactive Transport Planning Despatchers initially on a 6 month fixed term contract.
The role is responsible for the monitoring of the live performance of the distribution teams against planned activity. The role holder will react quickly to unplanned changes during the working day, will react and make strong decisions to ensure the days plan remains efficient and meets customer expectations.
Salary: £23,000 - £27,000
Job type: 6 month Fixed Term Contract
Hours: 2.00pm - 10.00pm (offered on a 4 on / 2 off rotation or Monday to Friday)
Locations of work available: Warwick, Port Clarence or the flexibility to be home based
The purpose of the role is to enhance the customer experience through being clear with customer service colleagues on the days progress.
The role is responsible for overseeing the national distribution picture, dealing with vehicle breakdowns, customer run outs, driver absenteeism, redirecting drivers when a call is aborted and making the right decisions to ensure the plan continues to be executed, efficiently whilst meeting customers' expectations
As part of the Transport Planning team, reporting into the Transport Planning Supervisor, you will work closely the schedulers, customer services and distribution teams to ensure communication lines are clear and strong with all parties working towards the same result each day.
Calor's ideal teammate will:
Be a confident communicator
- . Every day you'll interact with a range of drivers, site leaders, customer experience teams & senior management so will require strong collaboration and influencing skills with the ability to deliver high levels of customer experience through effective route planning and teamwork.
Be an efficient and organised superstar. An individual who is a change agent and able to drive forward changes to process and technology to support the overall vision for transport planning.
Be a solution-orientated contributor. A process orientated individual who is always looking for continuous improvements to processes and track outputs . As well as sharing their knowledge and supporting your development, Calor would love to learn from you too.
Be committed. Calor is looking for focused and motivated people who are positive and resilient to growth and change and are able to work individually and as part of a team, to critically evaluate process performance & their contribution
- The liaison between customer services and distribution teams providing updates on events such as customer run outs, vehicle breakdowns and driver's absenteeism in order to manage customer expectation
- Able to react quickly to unforeseen changes in the pre agreed plan, making decisions that result in cost efficiencies remaining whilst customer expectation remains unaffected
- Prepare analysis & reports to show the progress of the distribution plan during the shift and highlight any challenges to senior management across Operations and Sales, clearly displaying progress made on the plan during the shift
- Continually improve the master data used in the scheduling process to improve customer experience & efficiency of routes through communicating to the National Distribution teams to update customer data and complete driver debriefs.
- Make decisions on short term constraints that require changes in schedules that balance the customer experience, operational efficiencies and potential revenues through orders fulfilled.
- Contribute to the Fulfilment Safety agenda by reducing the risk to our drivers by considering planning alternative routes based on incident & monitoring of driving performance, improving customer master data about customer premises & planning of driver breaks etc to support Health & Wellbeing
- Flexibility to work from home upon completion of training
Matched 4.5% pension to 7.5% after 2 years
Enhanced parental and adoption leave
Life assurance of 4 X salary
Income protection covering 50% salary after 2 years
Free EAP cover
Corporate Headspace app (health and wellbeing)
33 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing with length of service
Who is Calor?
From the Shetland Islands to the Isles of Scilly, Calor has been supplying LPG and BioLPG to thousands of off-grid homes and businesses for over 85 years. With an ambition to offer 100% renewable energy solutions to all its customers by 2040, the energy supplier is leading the way to help rural Britain decarbonise.
Passionate about unlocking their people's full potential, the supplier is proudly accredited by Investors in People. This means that Calor strive to create high-performance cultures with smart objectives, making work a more rewarding experience for everyone.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future