gap professional are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Mansfield, Monday - Friday, Up to £24,000 per annum DOE
We are recruiting on behalf our well established and very successful client in Mansfield for an experienced Transport Supervisor.
- Ensure staffing levels are maintained each week efficiently
- Provide special delivery instruction to the team and drivers
- Assist with daily shift briefs, monthly meetings, and daily shift handovers
- React promptly to change in circumstances, volume, or requirements to minimise disruption and costs.
- Communicate with internal team and external hauliers ensuring all issues are reported including late deliveries, quality issues or service issues
- Support the transport team in all associated tasks including deliveries.
- Oversee holiday planning, absence management, performance management
The successful candidate will have previous experience in a similar role and must be able to demonstrate:
- Strong geographical knowledge
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Be able to multitask and handle multiple projects at once
- Strong Microsoft skills
- Ability to handle a fast-paced work environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills