Are you an experienced Transport Team Manager / Supervisor looking for a new opportunity ?
Would you like to work for a successful 3PL business, continually striving to develop and deliver a tailored and flexible supply service for its high-profile customers.
As a Transport Team Manager you will be overseeing the running of a busy 3PL Transport operation, monitoring productivity to ensure delivery of service expectations. This is a very hands-on role, which will require you to be readily available and get involved, and to have the ability to quickly identify potential issues.
- Having a clear operational plan.
- Understanding the wider business objectives and in line with this, looking for ways in which to reduce cost, improve service etc.
- Fleet management, maintenance and associated administration.
- Investigating any service or operational failures to ensure they are understood and prevented in future.
- Excellent Health and Safety awareness.
- Quickly and efficiently record and report any safety incidents that may arise.
- Ensuring that all members of the operational team have clear goals and objectives.
- Alongside site HR, addressing issues such as disciplinaries, grievances, absences, etc.
- Communicating at all times - holding regular organised meetings, as well as ad hoc catch ups, with your teams to help them understand their key priorities.
- Assisting in the recruitment of new team members
- Evaluate the performance of permanent employees and agency staff and provide constructive and clear feedback to aid in personal & professional development
The successful applicant will have,
- Previous management experience,
- The ability to identify and evaluate potential risks and develop solutions.
- A good understanding of reporting and recording performance statistics.
- Having a good understanding of computer and transport management systems.
Closing date is 12th February 2022
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are acting as an Employment Agency on behalf of its client
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.