Are you an experienced Warehouse Manager with a background including Transport and Logistics, looking for a new and exciting opportunity to join a genuine market leader in the manufacture of its specialist product range ?
Would you like to work for a business that is in and extended period of genuine growth, which constantly reinvests to stay ahead of the competition ?
Hours Of Work
08.30-17.30 Mon- Thurs - Fri 08:30 - 17:00 (60 min lunch) with some flexibility
This role requires you to lead and co-ordinate the actions of the businesses Distribution Centre towards the common goal of helping the company achieve its business targets. To lead, guide and support the Goods-In, Warehouse and Dispatch teams and consistently strive for excellence and promote best practice in all areas to achieve gold standard customer service.
Maximising resources and minimising costs by developing optimum efficient storage solutions and implementing Lean processes. Ensure that all employees follow the Organisation's Health and Safety Policies at all times.
- Oversee the efficient and accurate receipt, storage and dispatch of a wide variety of products. Manage stock control and reconcile with data storage system
- Display effective communication within the Distribution Centre team and proactively liaise with Manufacturing operations and all internal stakeholders to maximise Customer satisfaction.
- Initiate, coordinate and enforce optimal operational expertise in warehouse management procedures and best practices. Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives policies and procedures
- Responsible for labour allocation and headcount management. Plan work rotas, assign tasks appropriately and appraise results. Recruit, select, coach and motivate employees
- Adhere to all warehousing, handling and shipping legislation requirements
- Manage and ensure safe storage, movement, values and accuracy of inventory within the manufacturing areas.
- Liaise with customers, suppliers and transport companies
- Produce reports and statistics for relevant stakeholders and internal and external auditors
- Manage the warehouse plant and equipment maintenance adhering to any effective preventative maintenance plan
- Be part of the drive to Champion Change Management transversally across the Organisation.
- Assist in the promotion of and be responsible for compliance of HSE and Quality in the DC Workforce in accordance with best practice and legal requirements
- Reactive cover at other sites within the group when necessary.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Formal qualification in warehouse operations management is desirable
- Ideally 5 years' experience in a Warehouse and Distribution Centre Environment with managerial responsibilities.
- Operates and reports on complex organisational problems and with a high degree of integrity. Plays a key role in the efficient supply of our products to our customer base, delivered with best practice applied at all times.
- Operates within areas of the Business which handle commercially sensitive and confidential information. In dealing with personnel has an awareness for the need for discretion and discipline.
- Takes decisions with best intentions for a favourable outcome both commercially and strategically for the business.
- Excellent numeracy skills and attention to detail essential
- Motivated and Flexible with good communication skills
- Proficiency in computer systems, including Microsoft Suite and data entry systems
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
Closing date for this position 4th of July 2021
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.