gap professional are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Wetherby, West Yorkshire.
This is an exciting role where you will be required to put your own signature on the Warehouse and Fulfilment in a brand-new facility for a very well-established retail business.
You will have full responsibility of the stock holding for the business and ensure orders are picked and prepared correctly for despatch in accordance to customer expectation and the company's promise in fulfilling orders before a set time are despatched same day for a next day delivery.
You will lead, develop, and maintain quality procedure within the Distribution hub. Working with full time Warehouse assistants and seasonal staff you will manage a small team. You will also have involvement of the supply chain improvement, you will manage delivery of inbound and outbound traffic building relationships with suppliers of the services required to ensure the success of the business.
- Manage warehouse in compliance with company's policies and vision
- Manage daily orders from start to finish
- Oversee warehousing, goods in, distribution out and maintenance operations
- Setup layout and ensure efficient space utilisation within distribution hub
- Initiate, coordinate and enforce optimal daily operational policies and procedures
- Adhere to all warehousing "Best Practice" to maximise success of the distribution hub
- Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene, and security
- Manage stock and systems to ensure that levels are maintained, and any discrepancies are reconciled quickly and efficiently.
- Liaise with Head office Staff, suppliers, and transport companies to answer customer queries in a timely fashion.
- Plan work, assign tasks appropriately and appraise results
- Coach and motivate employees
- Assistance in reporting KPI and statistical information from the company's stock system regularly (IN/OUT status report, OTIF reporting, returns reporting)
- Plan and Co-ordinate annual Stock take, reconciliation of company's inventory
- Receive feedback and monitor the quality of services provided
Experience, attributes & skills sought:
- Proven experience as a warehouse manager
- Reach Truck license
- Experience using Stock holding and full circle fulfilment systems
- Hands on experience with warehouse management software and databases
- Leadership skills and ability manage staff
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Expertise in warehouse management procedures and best practices
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives
- Strong knowledge of warehousing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
In return, you will benefit from:
A competitive salary up to £35,000 PA plus benefits.
Closing date is 21.6.20
gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future