Warehouse & Transport Manager
One of our market leading manufacturing clients based in East London are looking for a Warehouse & Transport Manager to join the team. You will be responsible for stores, dispatch warehouse, external 3rd party warehousing, national and international goods transport and waste management functions associated with the business. The position requires the maintenance and continued development of a streamlined customer focused operation with the expectation of delivering an excellent level of service to both clients and internal customers.
The role will require you to work Monday to Thursday, 8:30am- 5pm and 8:30am-3pm on Friday.
Main Duties of the Warehouse & Transport Manager:
- Ensure that all areas of responsibility comply with company and legislative Health and Safety guidelines and regulations.
- Promote and sustain good housekeeping, 5S and a culture of continuous improvement.
- Manage and maintain the stores and warehouse operation from receiving raw materials through to delivering bespoke products to national and international clients.
- Maintain all plant and equipment to required standards ensuring regular equipment audits are completed and servicing and repairs are carried out.
- Department budget control and price and contract negotiations on services and transport
- Monitor and maintain current KPI’s and implement new ones as required.
- Maintenance of stock accuracy, inventory control and client free issue.
- Monitor and control stock obsolescence and manage obsolescence actions.
- Initiate, and be involved in, the recruitment, motivation, training, retraining, counselling, and where necessary, disciplining of team members.
Experience required for the Warehouse & Transport Manager:
- You will have previous experience in a similar position- logistics, transport, warehousing.
- Great people management skills
- Knowledge of import/export customs and international trade compliance
- Excellent multitasker and problem solver who works well under pressure.
In return for your hard work:
- As Warehouse & Transport Manager, will be paid a competitive salary of £40-£44k depending on experience.
- Great professional growth opportunities as the business are continually expanding.
- Excellent East London location with great public transport links
- Secure onsite parking
- 25 days annual leave
- Contributory pension scheme