Are you an experienced Warehouse Operations Manager, looking for a new and exciting opportunity to join a leading 3rd Party Logistics service provider.
Working nights, managing a busy Cross-dock operation, The successful applicant will ensure the effective running of the operation making best use of resources. You will manage the day to day activities of the Section Leaders and Team Members to ensure that customer requirements are achieved in a timely manner.
- Overseeing the safe movement of products through all inbound and outbound processes, ensuring all company procedures are adhered to.b. Ensure all goods are handled in the correct manner to ensure that damage to kept to a minimum and manual handling techniques are followed to prevent injury and harm.
- Ensure all vehicles are loaded and unloaded using the correct equipment and customer requirements are delivered within the required timescale
- Ensure any concerns, issues or variances to instructions are immediately communicated to the team and, when relevant, line manager to allow appropriate action to be taken at the earliest opportunity.
- Ensure all company procedures are adhered to, including ER procedures, such as absence and performance management, standards of behaviour, disciplinary, PDR etc, supporting with investigations and disciplinary hearings as necessary.
- Ensure consistent 5S compliance - Sort, Straighten, Sanitise, Standardise, Sustain
- Use Manual Handling equipment to support the operational processes when required.
- Carry out MHE training/assessments with identified individuals, ensuring driving standards are achieved and maintained.
- Work with central functions to maintain accurate training information and records.
- Deliver the ongoing H&S programme through daily monitoring, application and delivery of the H&S policy, SSOW and internal and external compliance.
- Participate in H&S monitoring, reviewing processes and ensuring employees are trained.
- Manage workplace safety continuously.
- Proven Operations Management background in a 3PL setup
- Previous supervisory experience / leading a team - you will need to have strong leadership skills
- MHE licence an advantage but not essential
- A full counterbalance forklift truck licence or willingness to train
- Good attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written.
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft packages and e-mail.
- Ability to prioritise workload, effectively managing multiple tasks.
- Ability to work as part of a team, to deadlines and prioritise.
- 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Employee benefits i.e. Discount schemes including E-vouchers and gift cards, gym membership as well as a recognition platform
- Critical Illness Cover
- Tailored development and career opportunities
- Company sick pay*
- Employee Wellness initiatives - WeCare - includes 24/7 online GP, mental health support service, get fit programme and more
Closing date is 24th March 2022
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are acting as an Employment Agency on behalf of its client.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.