Are you an experienced Warehouse Supervisor looking for a new and exciting opportunity to join an established business going through an extended period of growth ?
Based at a brand new depot, you will help create the positive culture and structured operation that is key to delivering an excellent service.
The position holders will ensure the effective running of the operation making best use of resources and synergies. They will manage the day to day activities of the Section Leaders and Team Members to ensure that customer requirements are achieved in a timely manner.
The positions will offer a salary of £35,000 and £1,800 shift allowance .
Shift pattern: Night Shift: 23:00 start.
- As directed, safely handle products through all inbound and outbound processes, ensuring all company procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure all goods are handled in the correct manner to ensure that damage be kept to a minimum and manual handling techniques are followed to prevent injury and harm.
- Carry out any other reasonable requests to support the effective running of the warehouse including HR and HS&E tasks.
- Ensure all vehicles are loaded and unloaded using the correct equipment and customer requirements are delivered within the required timescale
- Ensure any concerns, issues or variances to instructions are immediately communicated to the team and, when relevant, line manager to allow appropriate action to be taken at the earliest opportunity.
- Ensure all company procedures are adhered to, including ER procedures, such as absence and performance management, standards of behaviour, disciplinary, PDR etc, supporting with investigations and disciplinary hearings as necessary.
- Ensure consistent 5S compliance - Sort, Straighten, Sanitise, Standardise, Sustain
- Use Manual Handling equipment to support the operational processes when required.
- Carry out MHE training/assessments with identified individuals, ensuring driving standards are achieved and maintained.
- Work with central functions to maintain accurate training information and records.
Health and Safety
- Deliver the ongoing H & S programme through daily monitoring, application and delivery of the H&S policy, SSOW and internal and external compliance.
- Participate in H&S monitoring, reviewing processes and ensuring employees are trained.
- Manage workplace safety continuously.
- Previous warehouse experience
- Previous supervisory experience / leading a team.
- MHE licence an advantage but not essential.
- Good attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written.
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft packages and e-mail.
- Ability to prioritise workload, effectively managing multiple tasks.
- Ability to work as part of a team, to deadlines and prioritise.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Closing date for this position 15th of August 2021
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.