Warehouse Operations Manager
Midsomer Norton, Somerset
Permanent – Full Time
Salary £Competitive with excellent benefits
Hawk 3 Talent are looking to recruit an experienced and dynamic Warehouse Operations Manager to join our client, a leading Homeware ecommerce company at an exciting time of expansion.
The successful candidate will be a proven leader with a great record in growing a strong and motivated warehouse team. This is a very ‘hands-on’ role working closely with the warehouse managers and team leaders to deliver excellent standards in all areas. Excellent communication skills are essential – not just in the warehouse team but also across the wider business.
You will be responsible for all Warehouse daily operations.
Main duties will include:
- Leading and motivating the warehouse team.
- Recruiting, training, coaching, and managing the performance of new and existing team members, continuously communicating job expectations and giving high quality feedback.
- Using KPI warehouse operational data to ensure service levels are maintained across the business
- Create a positive work environment and ensure shift targets are met by the team.
- Delegate tasks and solve problems swiftly.
- Lead the warehouse Managers and team taking full responsibility for day-to-day operations.
- Ensure staffing levels are proactively managed to ensure capacity is available to meet the customer needs.
- Manage the overall performance, linked to KPI's to ensure activity is recorded and measured to optimise efficiencies.
- Ensure all inventory, orders and stock management processes are completed to standard.
- Always maintain a clean and safe working environment within the warehouse
- 5 years' experience in Warehouse Management in a fulfilment environment
- Experience of leading a team to achieve targets in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible approach to working hours – we have 2 shifts (6.00am-2.00pm, 2.00pm-10.00pm) over 2 sites. This role will be a day shift but we need maximum flexibility to meet the needs of the business.
- Strong IT Skills
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Requirements
- 25 days annual leave per year + bank holidays.
- Extra day off for every year of employment up to a maximum of 30 days.
- Bonus birthday day off.
- Pension and Bonus scheme.
- Generous staff discount.
- Private health care scheme.
This position is based in our Midsomer Norton, Somerset Warehouse but will also require frequent travel to our other warehouse and Head Office HQ.
Closing date is 9th Sept 2021
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.