Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Cranborne, Dorset
Hours of work: 12 hour shifts, 8am-8pm, average 42 hours per week spread over 3-4 shifts per week
Post holders will be inspirational role models with a great sense of humour who will build a professional and trusted relationship with young people which puts their health, safety, development and welfare first.
- Promote, facilitate and support learning both during education based lessons and through leisure and independence activities
- Ensure that the medical needs of the young people are met at all time
- Promote and encourage independence at all times
- Support the young person to develop independence skills such as budgeting, shopping, cooking as well as taking care of their clothes, bedrooms, personal belongings, accessing the wider community, and using public transport as part of learning independent living skills
- Keep records accurately and up to date
- Ensure safeguarding and health and safety procedures are followed at all times
- There will be no personal care requirements for this role
- Full UK driving license and access to your own car
- All applicants must be 21 and over to work
- Be positive and creative in meeting young person's needs
- Be able to work on your own as well as part of a team
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Competent ICT skills
- Show a strong understanding of what 'good care' looks like and how to put the young person's needs first, whilst empowering them to be independent and treating them as an individual
- Full training and continued support
- Opportunity to study the Level 3 diploma in HSC which will be funded by us!
- Part time hours available if required
- Accommodation if required (subject to availability)
- 30 days' holiday including bank holidays
- Life assurance and pension
- Perk box
- Free parking
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
Closing date for application is 30th August 2021.
hawk-3 talent solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future