- Reading, Berkshire, England
Are you an experienced Air Conditioning Engineer looking for a new opportunity ?
Would you like to work on site, at a globally renowned manufacturing business ?
In your new role as an Air Conditioning Engineer you will be efficiently operating and maintaining new and existing building AC / HVAC services, carrying out Planned Preventative Maintenance & Reactive Maintenance on HVAC appliances, carry out diagnostic checks and fault finding. Undertake general maintenance tasks including basic plumbing & toilet in-blockages to assist the general maintenance team. Participate in out of hours call out rota and complete all work-related documentation accurately on time.
- Routine PPM tasks in accordance with the SFG20 framework.
- Reactive maintenance and electrical repairs or Air conditioning repairs as required.
- Minor new works and complete required certification as necessary.
- Attend site meetings or training when required.
- Willing to undertake other duties in line with contract deliverables.
- Assist the site team in ensuring that all Statutory and Legislative requirements are achieved/adhered to for the site.
- Ensure clients operational procedures are always adhered to.
- Obtain appropriate authorisation for access into restricted areas from the client's representative as and when required.
- Complete risk assessments and worksheets for works undertaken and obtain authorisation from the Clients representative.
What we are looking for
- Experience of maintenance, testing and fault finding on a variety of equipment including HVAC systems and lighting is desirable.
- Refrigeration or Air Conditioning Specific Qualification (Not being F-Gas) such as the following:
- NVQ level 2 or 3 in Air Conditioning and Small Refrigeration.
- City & Guilds Refrigeration and Air-conditioning (7189) Level 2 or 3
- City & Guilds Refrigeration, air-conditioning and heat pump systems (6090) Level 3 only.
- F-Gas Category 1 (City & Guilds 2079, was 2078 Safe Handling of Refrigerants)
- C&G 236 Part 1 & 2.
- BS7671 Electrical Regulations.
- C&G 2391 Electrical inspection and Testing (desired).
- Time served in an Air Con specific service role
- Experience with Packaged or Air handling equipment preferable, as well as split type systems.
- Experience working on commercial equipment
- Ability to undertake all facets of maintenance and installation requirements as required within the scope of the contract.
- Be pro-active and have the ability to anticipate and/or diagnose and repair faults.
- Ability to record work accurately on work sheets and computer-based systems.
- Flexibility and adaptability to change
- Must have sound interpersonal skills and pay attention to detail.
- Provide excellent customer service, ensuring work progress is relayed in a timely manner.
- Good understanding of current Health & Safety legislation
- Able to ascend/descend vertical access equipment; able to work at height.
- Must hold a full UK driving licence.
Hours of Work
- Monday to Friday, 4 weekly rotation of 3 weeks at 7am to 3.30pm, 1 week at 10.30am to 7pm
- On call 1 week in 4, £105 standby pay plus overtime
Closing date is 11th December 2023
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are acting as an Employment Agency on behalf of its client.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment, and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
If this role is permanent, Hawk 3 Talent Solutions is operating as the employment agency. If this job is a temporary role, Hawk 3 Talent Solutions is operating as the employment business. Hawk 3 Talent Solutions is committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job
Whilst we endeavor to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future