- Coventry, West Midlands, England
- Manufacturing and automation,
Maintenance and Facilities Manager
Hours of work: 37.5 hours
Salary: Excellent basic + bonus of up to 12%
The Maintenance and Facilities Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day operations and budget management of all Production Equipment Maintenance (PEM) and Facility Services & Maintenance (FM) requirements across our clients Coventry site. The role includes the leadership responsibility for the site-based maintenance team members (tasks, performance, development, motivation) and for any subcontracted services required for either the PEM or FM areas of the business.
You will also be responsible for improving, implementing, and maintaining new technical processes and procedures and will lead Health and Safety standards in line with Leadec HSQE support functions. Implementing the Company's digital systems for PEM and FM will be a fundamental part of the role.
This is initially a 12 month, fixed term contrcat covering long term absence. However due to the size of the business, there is genuine potential for either this role to become permanent or another opportunity to presnt itself.
- Ensure that all work performed by the maintenance/facilities department is conducted in a safe manner and to always comply with relevant Health & Safety regulations. This includes the supervision of subcontractors and their service engineers in association with any onsite service activities.
- Manage and improve the current Planned Preventative Maintenance System for both production and facility assets.
- Ensure all necessary Service Contracts are in place to guarantee the plant and equipment is properly maintained and serviced to manufacturers recommendations and in line with Legal Compliance or ACOP's
- Select, train, supervise, and support all members of the Maintenance Team, encouraging team working. Conducting the periodic performance appraisals, identifying development opportunities, and ensuring the appropriate implementation
- Participate in the design of contingency procedures for asset breakdowns and ensure that appropriate emergency preparedness procedures are in place.
- Assist in the allocation and measurement of approved KPIs and to trend departmental performance.
- Identify opportunities for implementing improvements to working processes and assets. Undertake or assist with their implementation.
Experience, attributes & skills sought:
- HNC/HND or NVQ Diploma in Engineering Maintenance
- Fault Finding capability
- Problem resolution techniques
- Electrical / mechanical maintenance and engineering background
- All round Siemens S7 PLC knowledge and understanding at an operator level.
- Building services (BMS/EMS)
- Team management
- Ability to demonstrate and coach team members
- Tenacity and determination to solve problems
Closing date is 10th December 2023
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future
If this role is permanent, Hawk 3 Talent Solutions is operating as the employment agency. If this job is a temporary role, Hawk 3 Talent Solutions is operating as the employment business. Hawk 3 Talent Solutions is committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job
Whilst we endeavor to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future