- Preston, Lancashire, England
- Mobile field service,
Job Title: Tree Surgeon
Hours: 40 Hours PW
Salary: £25,000 - £28,000
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Tree Surgeon to join the growing on behalf of our client who are a well-established landscaping company.
The Tree Surgeon will play a crucial role in assisting with the ground maintenance package, as well as any ad hoc tree works and arboriculture tasks across various contracts.
You are required to assist the team leader in all aspects of their role, ensuring that the vehicle and all its contents are secure, serviced, and well-maintained. The Tree Surgeon will be actively involved in the pricing of jobs, procurement of materials, and ensuring that all external factors are accounted for to deliver the job on time, within budget, and most importantly, safely.
This role is diverse and will require the successful candidate to complete minor civils, including fencing and large-scale vegetation clearances, alongside routine grounds maintenance duties.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and execute tree pruning and removals, considering surrounding infrastructure or equipment.
- Operate specialist arboricultural equipment, including chainsaws, stump grinders, and woodchippers.
- Assess and address tree-related issues impacting client properties' safety and integrity, such as root damage or fallen branches.
- Liaise with the team leader and National Operations Manager to ensure high standards of work.
- Maintain up-to-date records of all tree work undertaken using the company's internal database and iPad.
- Develop productive working relationships with Contract Managers, colleagues, and operatives.
- Motivate and develop employees within your area of work.
- Ensure effective communication within your work area.
- Maintain the highest standard of discipline and behaviour.
- Responsibility for all company equipment, including mobile phones, iPads, machinery, Sat Navs, and company vehicles.
- Ensure full compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Ensure all buildings, lockups, and containers are secure, clean, and in safe condition.
- Understand your responsibilities and those of your team members regarding the company's Health and Safety Policy ISO 18001.
- Play a key role in communicating Health and Safety to all employees within your work area.
- Ensure all work is undertaken in accordance with risk assessments and method statements.
- Undertake site-specific risk assessments and use recognized manual handling techniques as required.
- minimum of 3 years' arboriculture experience.
- NPTC qualifications: Chainsaw maintenance and cross-cutting (CS30), Tree felling up to 380mm (CS31), Tree climbs and Aerial Rescue (CS38), Use of a chainsaw from a rope and harness (CS39).
- Conscientious, hardworking, and thrives on physical labour.
- Eager to apply skills with a keen and willing attitude.
- Excellent communication and customer liaison skills.
- Strict adherence to health & safety procedures.
- Adherence to company rules and procedures regarding tools, equipment, and machinery.
- Competent in verbal and email communication.
- minimum of 3 years' arboriculture experience on utility sites (overhead lines/substations).
- Utility Arb qualifications - UA1, UA2.1, UA5.
- Woodchipper qualification.
- NPTC Qualifications - Aerial Rigging, Aerial Pruning, Windblown Trees, Chainsaw from a MEWP.
- PA1 and PA6 pesticide application qualifications.
- Stump Grinder qualification.
- Ability to travel to different sites, if required.
- PPE provided
- Employee referral scheme
- Employee retail discounts
20 days holiday + bank holidays
Closing date: 25 th November 2023
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
If this role is permanent, Hawk 3 Talent Solutions is operating as the employment agency. If this job is a temporary role, Hawk 3 Talent Solutions is operating as the employment business. Hawk 3 Talent Solutions is committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job
Whilst we endeavor to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future