- Rugby, Warwickshire, England
- Manufacturing and automation,
Permanent: Shift Technician
Hours of work:
4 on 4 off shift rotation: Every 5 shift rotation 14 days annual leave
2 Days - 7am to 7pm
2 Nights - 7pm to 7am
Salary: £54,285 plus annual bonus
Our client in Rugby who runs a fast-paced manufacturing facility has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Shift Technician to join the team. The role requires a candidate who is apprenticeship trained in Mechanical Engineering discipline.
Required to safely run and maintain the manufacturing equipment, ensure the smooth and continuous running of the production line in order to meet the plant KPI requirements with a product that meets the defined quality criteria.
The main duties depend upon the area in which the maintainer works i.e.
- Front end Fork truck / Baler
- Cupper / Bodymaker / Trimmer
- Washer / Waste treatment
- Coater / Decorator
- Inside Spray / Necker /Middle QC
- Finished pallet inspection / Testing.
- Warehouse / Back End Forklift truck
- To operate can manufacturing equipment to achieve plant KPI targets
- To maintain the equipment within their area of responsibility in such a condition that quality standards are maintained, and downtime is minimized.
- To carry out the required quality checks within their area of responsibility and to take the necessary corrective actions and report any non-conformities to the Team Leader and the relevant department.
- To maximise production and minimise spoilage during the manufacturing process.
- To carry out the necessary safe repairs to equipment as and when required.
- To carry out the set-up checks that may follow maintenance work.
- To report potential problems to the Shift Manager or relevant Department Heads.
- To maintain the housekeeping to an exemplary standard and in a safe condition throughout the plant.
- To maintain safe working practices and comply with any legal environmental and safety requirements and/or checks.
- On maintenance days, carry out the repairs, preventive maintenance, etc. as directed by the Engineering Department.
- Use of ancillary equipment i.e. fork trucks (following relevant official training) to perform production line or other duties
- Apprenticeship in a Manufacturing Mechanical Engineering discipline.
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety work practises.
- Experience of preventative and planned maintenance on production equipment.
- Have experience of working on production machinery
- Experience of repairing spare parts for production machinery
- The ability and willingness to assist with breakdowns and line conversions.
- Can demonstrate the ability to work precisely with strong attention to detail.
- A team player with strong problem solving and analytical skills, with the ability to work alone under their own initiative.
- The ability to work well under pressure and organise and prioritise their work load.
- Ability to complete paperwork accurately and thoroughly.
- A basic knowledge of quality and hygiene systems would be advantageous.
- Possess an enthusiastic and proactive, goal orientated approach
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending training courses as and when required
- Flexibility or willingness to travel to other locations
- Private health cover
- Onsite subsidized canteen
- Competitive pension
- Death in service
- Uniform wash service
Closing date is 9th December 2023
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
If this role is permanent, Hawk 3 Talent Solutions is operating as the employment agency. If this job is a temporary role, Hawk 3 Talent Solutions is operating as the employment business. Hawk 3 Talent Solutions is committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job
Whilst we endeavor to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future