- Pontefract, West Yorkshire, England
- Manufacturing and automation,
Are you an experienced Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer, with a background in production machinery maintenance ?
Would you like to work for an established, and successful family owned manufacturing business ?
- Ensure that the health and safety of themselves and others remains first priority during all activities
- Correct and report any hazardous situations encountered
- Ensure teams activities are in compliance with food safety legislation and good manufacturing and engineering practices
- Ensure high standards of housekeeping are maintained by the engineering team at all times
- Ensure fast and affective response to breakdowns, and handover to production are appropriately communicated
- Must be good at diagnosing faults and taking corrective action to ensure continuous service and identifying further improvements to increase equipment availability
- Work flexibly as part of a team and participate in individual or team projects
- Maintaining visible Engineering Communication Log, and communicating effectively on shift handover
- Managing short term improvement plans and communicating progress
- Participate in any training and development exercises
- Identify and share continuous improvement ideas that may contribute to improved productivity, equipment uptime of maintenance cost improvements
- Ensure planned maintenance work is completed on time and any further work required is communicated to the Engineering Manager.
- Provide assistance across each of the sites where necessary, cooperating with a flexible approach with respect to shift changes and to working hours being altered at short notice to support business needs
- Carry out training when requested in line with the business needs
- Submit all relevant KPI data and reports in the absence of your Manager
- Attend daily meetings and drive the agenda in terms of delivery of actions and requests in the absence of your Manager
- Must take full responsibility for signing out all stock consumables to ensure stock is replenished in a timely manner preventing stock outs therefore managing business risk
- Must take responsibility for contractors’ control whilst on site and ensure full compliance with internal policies and procedures
- Adhere to all Company policies, procedures and ensure adherence to all Health and Safety and Hygiene rules
- 5 years demonstrable experience of being a qualified Multi-Skilled Engineer within a food related discipline
- Education in engineering discipline, minimum HNC mechanical/electrical, NVQ level 3 or equivalent qualification.
- A strong understanding of both electrical and mechanical engineering.
- Health & Safety
- Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP)
- Experience of safe working practice and permit to work system
- Ability to identify needs and issues and recommend suitable and pragmatic course of action and solutions, adopting a risk aware approach
- Attention to detail, a flexible approach and a strong work ethic are expected, with the ability to work unsupervised within a fast-paced environment.
- Should be flexible and willing to help out colleagues as requested to meet the needs of the business.
- Be able to demonstrate teamwork, due to working closely with members of the engineering and production team
- £43,222 + Night Shift Allowance
Hours Of Work
- Monday to Friday
- 40 hours per week rotating 3 shift pattern Days, Nights, Afternoons
- Night shift allowance £1.35 per hour
- Authorised overtime is required occasionally and is paid at x 1.5 basic pay
- Paid rest breaks (2 x 30 minutes)
- Welcome Bonus £750 after 12 weeks service*
- 28 holidays per year inc Bank Holidays increasing to 33 days (holiday pay calculated using annual average earnings)
- Level 2 Food Safety training provided
- Personal Protective Clothing provided
- Contributory pension scheme
- Healthcare cashback plan after 1 month;
- Access to a 24/7 GP
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Exclusive member discounts and benefits
- Recommend a Friend Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity Pay*
- 2 weeks Full Pay Paternity leave*
- Paid "Lunch A Month"
Closing date is 21st January 2024
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavor to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future
If this role is permanent, Hawk 3 Talent Solutions is operating as the employment agency. If this job is a temporary role, Hawk 3 Talent Solutions is operating as the employment business. Hawk 3 Talent Solutions is committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job
Whilst we endeavor to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future