- Petersfield, Hampshire, England
- Operations / office management,
Are you an experienced Commercial Manager, with a proven track record of success, within the Rail or Civil Construction industries ?
Would you like to join a successful & established business that is going through an extended period of growth ?
This is a newly created position, which has come about as a result of an extended period of growth, with the business doubling turnover in the last few years, and with continued opportunity for growth. Reporting directly to the Managing Director, the role has a high level of autonomy, providing a great opportunity to make their stamp within the company.
Due to the nature of the business operation the role is 100% office based, with a number of employees working in the field / on site, you will be the central point of contact, providing support when they do come into the office.
- Manage the commercial function in Pre- and Post-contract design to establish quality Rail (Arboriculture, Plant & Environment) projects.
- As part of the Pre-Contract team, prepare commercial elements & respond to PQQ's, tenders, etc. Manage the preparation of tender, pricing and contract documentation as required.
- Review contract terms and conditions and identify risks, unacceptable terms and solutions, seeking legal advice where necessary.
- Liaise closely with the Pre-Contract and Delivery teams to understand the scope of works and use this information to assess risk.
- Negotiate and agree variations to contract terms and conditions with clients and suppliers.
- Prepare, issue, manage and ensure all contracts and agreements with clients and suppliers are up to date and documented.
- Develop and implement Contract Commercial Management Plans - incorporating robust controls - and commercial best practice.
- Lead internal commercial review meetings with senior management, preparing and reporting on KPIs, risks and opportunities.
- Responsible for the robust financial and resource management of contracts, ensuring that all commercial and financial governance is complied with and monitored.
- Prepare and report on budgets, forecasts, management plans, KPIs, risks and opportunities, etc. for internal/external use as appropriate.
- Ensure all project costs are accounted for within budgets and provide monthly reconciliations of contract performance and cash flow forecast reports to senior management.
- Optimise contract turnover and profitability for all contracts. Maximise revenue and client benefits while minimising risk.
- Lead & advise on the resolution of claims or disputes from both clients and sub-contractors.
- Attend/lead commercial meetings with the client, making positive contributions to the commercial management of the contract.
- Proactively engage with the client, update of contract status and financial positioning.
- Responsible for the management and supervision of commercial sub-contractors.
- Establish a Commercial team to suit the growth of the business. Effective leadership, management and development of the Commercial team.
- Build, monitor and manage the supply chain ensuring efficiency, compliance and best value.
- Carry out QS pricing tasks on a day-to-day basis.
- Continuously research the market to ensure we are competitive in the current environment.
- Build excellent professional relationships with internal and external key stakeholders.
- Support quality and compliance in the running of systems and processes to deliver KPIs and contribute to continuous improvement.
- Observe and follow all applicable safe methods of working, and health, safety and environmental rules/procedures. Report any incidents or Close Calls immediately to the appropriate person.
- Degree in Commercial Management, Quantity Surveying or equivalent experience.
- Substantial experience within Rail sector with excellent industry knowledge.
- Significant experience at Commercial Manager level.
- Experience and knowledge of construction law
- People management and development experience.
- Experience of contract administration software, such as CEMAR.
- Experience and knowledge of construction law.
- Experience in interpreting contracts/contractual terms.
- Proven influencing and negotiating skills.
- Works collaboratively and builds effective working relationships.
- Demonstrates initiative in problem-solving.
- Extensive experience in report writing and numerical data manipulation.
- Highly competent in MS Office.
- A good understanding and application of health, safety & environment practices.
- Flexibility in your approach to work.
- Full driving license.
- Membership of RICS, CICES or CIOB.
- Experience of Sicon
- 20 day holidays plus bank holidays
- Pension Salary exchange pension programme.
- Car allowance (amount TBC)
- TBC but will fall within normal working hours - 9-5:30/8-4:30 there is a bit of flexibility which can be agreed in terms of working pattern.
Closing date is 1st April 2024
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavor to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future
If this role is permanent, Hawk 3 Talent Solutions is operating as the employment agency. If this job is a temporary role, Hawk 3 Talent Solutions is operating as the employment business. Hawk 3 Talent Solutions is committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job
Whilst we endeavor to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future