- Stowmarket, Suffolk, England
- Range planning,
Warehouse Shift Manager
Gap personnel are proud to be working in partnership with The Range to support the recruitment at their brand-new Distribution Centre, the largest warehouse built in over 5 years in Stowmarket, Suffolk.
These are permanent positions and offers the successful candidates an exciting opportunity to join a fantastic organisation in a progressive environment.
Shift Pattern: 4 days on 2 days off. Rotating shift: 05:30am -15:00 & 14:00 - 23:30. This rotation has the benefit of working only 244 days per year. (Traditional 5-day week is 260 days)
Pay rate: Competative, depending on experience
What makes working for this leading brand different? Well, that's easy:
1 - They are a Sunday Times Top Track 100 company and one of the UK's fastest growing privately owned companies.
2 - The Range has grown enormously since it's inception in 1989, and now has over 200 stores nationwide. People are at the heart of their retail concept, and they want to invest in their staff and make the future extraordinary.
3 - As a result of their success and ongoing expansion plans, they are opening their brand-new distribution centre in Stowmarket and this investment will create great opportunities with excellent onsite facilities and employee benefits.
What does the role entail?
- Working as part of a large workforce reporting initially to the Site General Manager and in due course an Operations Manager, a position that successful Shift Managers would be encouraged to apply for.
- Leadership of own team being 3 First Line Managers each responsible for circa 50 colleagues
- Disciplines include inbound receiving, stock put-away, picking, despatch and inventory management.
- Drives process change and improvements whilst maintaining Health & Safety as a priority and developing standard operational process ensuring accuracy of stock is optimised.
- Work in close cooperation with peer group including inventory, H&S, planning and HR Manager.
- Achieve and exceed operational KPIs and work with other departments on any deviations and corrective action plans.
- Driving operational efficiency across multiple disciplines and time frames ensuring resources coordinated in line with changing demands and deadlines.
- Supports & identifies process improvements whilst maintaining Health & Safety as a priority and developing standard operational process ensuring productivity targets exceeded.
- Shift handovers.
- Staff engagement including pre-shift briefings supported by up-to-date KPI display and dialogue.
- Review performance and tackle any underperformance through appropriate Management intervention.
- Set and drive critical tasks and measures through team review, business plans and PDP's.
- This is a new site to service London and South East stores. An upgraded warehouse management system requires testing with Standard Operating Procedures and associated Safe Systems Of Work updating. Policies need localising for the new site. Combined these tasks provide an opportunity to shape the team and working environment.
What skills & experience do we seek?
- Notable experience of managing in a warehouse environment
- Warehouse systems with Red Prairie or Blue Yonder knowledge an advantage
- Microsoft excel, word & PowerPoint as you will be refining procedures and policies and procedures in the start-up period.
- Team player and great communicator with a strong work ethic and an engagement enthusiast
- This is a new site requiring policies, procedures, SSOW and routines to be understood and documented. First few weeks will require circa 3-4 days per week in our Bristol operation. Travel and accommodation provided.
What's in it for you?
- Excellent salary based on experience and qualifications.
- 32 days annual holiday including bank holidays.
- Canteen heavily subsidised
- Gym on site free to employees
- Parking on site free. Electrical charge units available
- Bike parking secure and undercover along with cycle to work funding scheme.
- Staff discount in The Range stores plus other shops & stores
Initial telephone/skype interviews will be conducted by a member of the gap personnel team. Following this, successful candidates will be put forward for an interview with The Range and those selected, offered a start based on availability.
Closing date is 6th May 2024
Gap Personnel are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Gap Personnel are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future
If this role is permanent, Hawk 3 Talent Solutions is operating as the employment agency. If this job is a temporary role, Hawk 3 Talent Solutions is operating as the employment business. Hawk 3 Talent Solutions is committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job
Whilst we endeavor to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future