- Goole, E Riding of Yorkshire, England
- Manufacturing and automation,
Health and Safety Specialist
Goole East Riding
£depending on experience
Permanent Full time role, based in Goole, East Riding but travel required to 4 other UK Sites as and when required.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are looking for an experienced Health and Safety Specialist to work for a company based in Goole, East Riding with some UK site travel.
This is a hands-on role and requires an individual who enjoys interacting on site and can
demonstrate the ability to engage and influence at all levels. The Health and Safety Lead will be a
motivated Health and Safety professional who will champion and foster a proactive safety culture across the UK sites. The Health and Safety Lead will be responsible for providing competent occupational health and safety advice, guidance, and support, with authority and independence, to our sites and teams, to enable them to comply with health and safety legislation and best practices.
- Support and actively participate in developing, implementing and maintaining the corporate
- health and safety strategy, plans, risk register, policies, standards and procedures.
- Conduct regular site inspections to identify potential hazards, assess risks, and recommend
corrective measures to mitigate risks and improve safety.
- Conduct monthly reviews of the Safety Improvement Plan and support the site team to keep the plan up to date.
- Support the site team to investigate accidents and incidents, and prepare comprehensive
reports detailing the root causes, recommending actions to prevent reoccurrence.
- Support the site team to identify hazards, control measures and develop and maintain suitable risk assessments.
- Collaborate with site managers, supervisors, and other stakeholders to promote health and
safety, including participating in safety meetings and providing guidance on best practices.
- Stay informed about changes in health and safety legislation and industry practices and ensuring that the company remains compliant.
- Support the site team in the development and implementation of emergency preparedness and response plans, including evacuation procedures and first aid arrangements.
- Support the site team with the investigation and resolution of health and safety related concerns raised by employees or external parties.
- Support the site team to identify health and safety training needs.
- Effectively communicate health and safety related information, updates and initiatives to
- employees and other stakeholders.
- Maintain accurate records of health and safety related accidents, incidents, inspections, and
- other relevant data.
- Liaise with site teams, insurers, brokers, and loss adjustors in defence of claims.
- A recognised qualification in Occupational Health and Safety
- Train the Trainer qualification is desirable but not essential
- Fire risk assessor qualification is desirable but not essential
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Full clean driving licence
- Ability to travel routinely to all UK sites
- Experience of influencing stakeholders at all levels on Health and Safety related issues
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety legislation in the UK
- Strong understanding of safety management systems and incident investigation techniques
- Detail oriented and analytical approach to health and safety management
- Ability to prioritise work requirements and handling multiple tasks
- Proactive approach to problem solving and decision making
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with cross functional teams
- Strong commitment to promoting a proactive culture of health and safety, and continuous improvement
If you would like to apply for the role of Health and Safety Specialist then please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Deb on 07557803946
Closing date is 1.4.2024 Please note this could change subject to suitable applications.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are acting as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future
If this role is permanent, Hawk 3 Talent Solutions is operating as the employment agency. If this job is a temporary role, Hawk 3 Talent Solutions is operating as the employment business. Hawk 3 Talent Solutions is committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job
Whilst we endeavor to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future