£ 50,000 - £ 50,000 per year
Posted: 04 September 2023
Expires: 22 October 2023
Learning and Development Manager
Normanton, Wakefield (WF6)
Up to £50,000
Working Hours: Monday – Friday 9am -5pm
Our reputable automotive client is currently looking for a L&D Manager to be responsible for the delivery of Key HR Projects and the L&D strategy with the further HR Team. The role is a great opportunity to be part of an industry leading company and growing group.
Main Responsibilities of the Learning and Development Manager
- Participate in the design of the learning and development strategy.
- Creating a Learning & Development Framework that combines the businesses values and objectives.
- Launch the roll out of the new training strategies and processes.
- Develop Group talent and succession programmes.
- Monitor and report on L&D and talent program effectiveness.
- Manage relevant L&D related third party relationships.
- Optimise training to fit the company’s needs and culture.
- Support in establishing a governed approach to L&D throughout the group.
- Work with the wider HR team to set L&D budgets and ensure training is delivered within budget.
- Support on wider HR projects including but not limited to: Diversity and Inclusion, talent acquisition and employee engagement.
- Be responsible for the creation, development and delivery of project plans for HR projects, including confirmation of project milestones, and progress reporting.
- Execute strategic project plans in line with HR project objectives.
- Identify resources required for successful completion of HR projects.
- Plan, schedule and mange project calendars, meeting invites and key milestones.
- Plan and facilitate all project related meetings.
- Support managers in defining, developing and executing people plans that support the achievement of the business strategy, ensuring that People plans are integrated with wider HR strategy, policies & priorities.
- Gain commitment and involvement of management teams and those affected by the change using influence and interactions to advocate change consistently in the wider business.
- Acts as a role model for change through developing and implementing change management principles.
- Provide expert advice, guidance and support on all HR matters occurring as part of transformation activity ensuring actions minimize risk and financial exposure.
Experience and Skills required
- Proven experience within a L&D capacity.
- Experiencing supporting and implementing HR/business change programmes.
- Qualified CIPD member or equivalent professional qualification/Degree in HR or related discipline /relevant professional experience.
- Train the trainer (preferred but not essential).
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to influence at all levels.
- Commercial acumen and credibility.
- Experience of managing a team.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to build rapport quickly and communicate effectively with all levels of the organisation.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
Benefits of the role:
- 25 days leave per annum bank holidays
- The ability to purchase upto an additional 5 days leave per annum
- Enhanced sick/maternity/paternity/adoption policies
- Healthcare Cashback scheme on costs such as Dental, Optical and Physiotherapy
- Access to an online rewards scheme that gives you discounts and money back on everything from fashion, holidays, entertainment, car hire, health and beauty and even weekly shopping from major supermarkets
- Free Employee Assistance Program (also available to family dependants)
- Life assurance cover 2 x salary
- Christmas savings scheme
- Length of service awards
- Refer a friend recruitment incentive scheme
- Early finish on your birthday
Closing date is 04.10.2023